DVD Data & Roxio Easy Media Creator 8

Dumfy 17:01 25 May 06

Hi Everyone,

Have just installed this software along with the latest update.

So far, it all seems OK, but one thing has me baffled. I've started backing up my stuff to DVD by creating a DVD Data disk, but if I want to add more files/folders to the same disk later, it keeps asking me to put in a new disk - even though there's plenty of room left. Even if I only add one small file, the disk is rendered useless as it thinks it's full. The same happens when viewed in My Computer.

I haven't finalised the disk with the intention of adding more to it and when the software loads, it detects that there is space left to write to.

I've looked at the Roxio website, but could see nothing that would help.

Anybody experienced this themselves?

Best Regards

VoG II 17:13 25 May 06

Have you tried using Drag to Disk (assuming it is available in version 8)?

Dumfy 17:28 25 May 06

Hi VoG™

No I haven't tried Drag to Disk as yet, but I've just this second found the solution to my own query - I needed to look deeper into the software's Help Files, that's all. It states..

"Using a disc that already contains data
The Data Disc project can be used to add files to an appendable disc that already contains data. To do this you must load the existing files from your disc into your Data Disc project before you record any new files.

If the files are not loaded first, you will not be able to complete your project unless you erase or replace your disc. Your choices will depend on the type of disc you are using. Messages explaining your options will appear on screen as you work.

To load files into a Data Disc project from an appendable disc:
Insert an appendable disc into your recorder drive.
Click on the Load Disc button.

Click on the Yes button when a message appears on your screen asking if you would like to load the contents of your disc into the active project.

Note: Some versions of this program include an option to automatically load appendable discs."

I've tried it and works a treat.

I won't tick this as resolved just yet in case it helps somebody else out.

Not everyone reads resolved posts.

Many Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…