DVD creator software

PC_HelpMe 13:02 30 Nov 08

Hi everyone,

I used to use some DVD software that allowed me to create my own dvds - and if the size of what I wanted to put on to a standard 4.7 disc exceeded this, there was a key I could press that would "condense" the size so that it would fit on the disc.

For some reason, I cannot find this software on my computer, but I was hoping that anyone out there may be familiar with such software (I think it would have been free software) and point me towards it - or one similar with this function.

I hope you may be familiar with such to help me.

Thanks.

Sea Urchin 13:08 30 Nov 08

Maybe something like DVD Shrink?

click here

PC_HelpMe 13:16 30 Nov 08

Oooh - Sea Urchin - that sounds vaguely familar - I will have to try it. Thanks.

PC_HelpMe 13:23 30 Nov 08

Not sure if it was DVD Shrink - any other ideas?

eedcam 14:13 30 Nov 08

Shrink is still tops in the freebie market not only blindly compressing as yours seems to have done but allows manual reauthoring to get the best possible quality at the least compression needed and or basic editing .If you go for it there are some sharks out there that will try and charge for it the free version is here click here

PC_HelpMe 14:27 30 Nov 08

If I remember rightly, on the one I used to use, it would show me a "bar" along the bottom of the screen which represented how much space I had on the disc - and if what I wanted to put on it exceeded this bar, I clicked on a button that would reduce it with each click so I got the best fit to the disc's capacity. I could then create my own menu to include a picture if I wanted. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

feb 16:47 30 Nov 08

Possibly "Power producer" which can come bundled with a new DVD writer

PC_HelpMe 18:31 30 Nov 08

Thanks feb - I am currently using a version of Power producer (along with power director) which i did get with some hardware some time ago but this won't let me condense the material that I want to put on to a disc. (Unless this is the software that does it and i have forgotten how to do it). Thanks for taking the time to respond.

PC_HelpMe 20:39 30 Nov 08

Hi again,

Having been obsessing over this most of the day (yes, I am sad!), I have found some software (DeVeDe) that does give you the option of "Adjust disc usage" and it does allow me to click on an icon which will increase the percentage used on the disc I wish to use. Maybe this was what I had in my mind and was getting it confused with my Power Producer software? Thanks anyway for your help and interest.

PC_HelpMe 20:39 30 Nov 08

Hi again,

Having been obsessing over this most of the day (yes, I am sad!), I have found some software (DeVeDe) that does give you the option of "Adjust disc usage" and it does allow me to click on an icon which will increase the percentage used on the disc I wish to use. Maybe this was what I had in my mind and was getting it confused with my Power Producer software? Thanks anyway for your help and interest.

feb 09:13 01 Dec 08

With Power producer open, clck on the "Hammer & screwdriver" (Preferences) icon at the top of the window, then select the "video/Audio" tab, then select "Smart fit"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…