dvd copying help please

rosie12 10:51 30 Sep 05

Hi, I want to copy a computer program that I have just bough, onto a dvd. It came on a DVD because of the size which was 3.91 GB. I want to make a back up copy but don't know which DVD to buy as there are so many formats..Can anyone help please....

Yoda Knight 10:59 30 Sep 05

It wont matter what type you buy.

Confab 11:10 30 Sep 05

It will matter what type you buy as you need to be sure that your DVD drive can write to the correct format. If you have Nero run the Infotool to check what formats your drive can burn to. If you haven't got it then it can be downloaded from click here

rosie12 11:11 30 Sep 05

Hi Thanks for your quick reply, so I can buy a DVD+RW or a DVD-RW, or DVD-ram, sorry to be a nuisence but I dont want to get the wrong thing because they are expensive to buy, also is it like anything else, the more you pay the better the product? as they seem to differ in price so much...

Confab 11:12 30 Sep 05

I believe -R is the most common format. You should be OK with these.

Yoda Knight 11:13 30 Sep 05

DVD+ or DVD- or DVDRW+ or DVDRW- are safe

Confab 11:15 30 Sep 05

Please make sure your drive can support these formats rosie12.

RW's are less likely to work - that R's. If you want to make a backup then avoid RW's

Confab 11:15 30 Sep 05

that = than

De Marcus™ 11:17 30 Sep 05

What make and model is your dvd drive? This will help determine which disks you buy and guarantee compatibility

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…