//some 3rd party need geo

dvd copying

gidster 09:44 13 Aug 04

im confuzed about dvd rwriters , ive brought one and thought it would be easy to do and it is but after ive copyed a dvd onto a disc which arent cheap they dont play on my dvd player so i have finally found a disc what works but it dosent work on other peoples is it something to do with + and - discs or is it someting to to with a film copyed onto a + disc being copyed onto a - disc.is a double layer re writer better for making copies

scooby43 09:48 13 Aug 04

what type of format are you using. DVD players use svcd or vcd.

gidster 09:55 13 Aug 04

im not sure what you mean there dvd not svcd or vcd.
dvd to dvd

jonnytub 09:58 13 Aug 04

i think the general consensus is older players prefer dvd-r and it would seem the most compatible with standalone players. Newer standalone players can play mostly anything. It's all down to player compatinility. A double layer writer is no better as making compatible copies than a standard writer.

woodchip 10:03 13 Aug 04

there are things such as copyrights ©

gidster 10:05 13 Aug 04

thanks jonny so is it better to put a film which is on a - disc back onto a - disc or dosent it matter what disc it is on

jonnytub 10:06 13 Aug 04

hmm, are you copying dvd film's or burning home movies?

gidster 10:09 13 Aug 04

my brother gave me a copyed film on a normal disc and i wanted a copy . can i not do that?

jonnytub 10:10 13 Aug 04

nope and sorry but i can't advise any further.

woodchip 10:13 13 Aug 04

I would tactfully say put the Film in and turn the DVD on and read the Licence at the Beginning of the Film

gidster 10:17 13 Aug 04

ok i understand ill stick to my home movies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…