dvd copy problem

Rennaissance 11:22 29 Jan 04

i use nero 5.5 and tried on the fly copying, but when i press burn with the with the wizard it just freezes and crashes and also nero express just crashes on startup. Help please.

darkjedimistress 11:31 29 Jan 04

Turn off anti-virus software and firewalls etc and see if that makes a difference.

Diodorus Siculus 11:33 29 Jan 04

Try updating Nero - it may help (many updates are free from nero.com)

Big Big C 11:50 29 Jan 04

I also have experienced this at times and in my case found that it was because I was running low on hard disk space. After I had freed up some by deleting unused applications it worked OK.
Having said that it will sometimes still give me a blank screen when about to burn, if I open the tray and move the disk slightly and retry it is then OK.
Hope this is of use.

Regards

Rennaissance 13:45 29 Jan 04

thank you all. But i have like 39 gig left. But i might try that antivirus and firewall disable. Cause i have both norton firewall and antivirus software enabled. But why would this make a difference?

Diodorus Siculus 16:57 29 Jan 04

Any luck with the update?

Rennaissance 17:07 29 Jan 04

sorry Diodorus Siculus totally missed your post. I will try it later tonight. :) thanks.

Rennaissance 17:10 29 Jan 04

Diodorus Siculus, there are only updates for nero 6 and not 5.5, o well. Does anyone know of any freeware dvd recording software as im starting to not like nero.

bananaslik 17:14 29 Jan 04

Rennaissance r your rom & writer on the same ide ribbon if they r you cannot do 'on the fly'because it has to image before you write it.on the fly means copy from one disc straight onto another.(or so i believe)

Rennaissance 17:25 29 Jan 04

wth? bananaslik my dvd rom and dvdrw are on the same cable, but the thing is, on the fly does work as i have done it before using nero, but now it doesnt work for some reason.

Diodorus Siculus 17:34 29 Jan 04

click here - this is the latest update for Nero 5.5. Taken from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…