dvd content protected help

Super Frankie Lamps 20:23 09 Jan 07

my boy was given Pirates of The Caribbean dvd for xmas and has no problem playing it on portable dvd player. However, when trying to play it with powerdvd or wmp an error message appears saying unable to play as the disc is protected content. Never had this happen before, and he will be gutted if he can't play dvd's on his pc, so help please.

p.s. hope this is in the right forum

Thanks

john-232317 20:28 09 Jan 07

Its probably the same as the audio cd`s, its done to stop people copying them.

I have never had one refuse to play though, it only shows if you try to copy it.

john-232317 20:30 09 Jan 07

Download jetaudio and try it on that, click here

Super Frankie Lamps 20:30 09 Jan 07

dadyassa

not trying to copy. he just wants to watch. can't think if there are any wmp settings that i can change.

Super Frankie Lamps 20:32 09 Jan 07

dadyassa

but gonna have to be tomorrow now. my littl'un has to get some kip.

cheers

gudgulf 21:12 09 Jan 07

I've just tried the DVD of Pirates of the Caribbean in my pc and it plays just fine with Power DVD version 5.

I'm using Sony DVD/CD drives.

If you are using an older version of Power DVD it may not be compatible with the copy protection used on the disc.

Super Frankie Lamps 22:14 09 Jan 07

i just updated powerdvd today so have the latest version. also, unsure why windows media player won't play it. same error message. is a computer setting that needs to be changed?

Totally-braindead 23:06 09 Jan 07

Windows Media Player by default will not play DVDs at all. You need to download an additional codec in order to get it to play DVDs.
I suggest you try something else such as GOM player or mediaplayer classic

john-232317 08:45 10 Jan 07

Download these codecs, I think it includes Mediaplayer also click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac