DVD compatability

the.squirrel 15:52 09 Sep 06

I have Phillips DVD Recorder which I use with the TV. I can play discs recorded, on both my laptop and desktop. My current desktop is a Fijitsu-Siemens Scaleo P fitted with an NEC RW ND 4550A. After a 'little' hassel I can record TV recorded onto the hard drive, using both +RW and
-RW DVD's BUT these will not play on my Phillips.
Do you have any suggestions as I want to transfer old VHS (remember them?) to my FJ desktop, then onto DVD to watch on the TV. (It sounds confusing, but I know what I mean!!!)
Bernard Minns

Jak_1 16:09 09 Sep 06

What you need to know is what format discs your phillips dvd recorder uses, either = or -. DVD recorders for pc's normally are multiformat but not so for those for tv use as they are one or the other.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 09 Sep 06

What format is your TV card saving to the DVD? Mpeg? AVI?

you may have to convert to Vob to play on the philips.

Also have you "finalised the disks" they will not play on a standalone player unless finalised.

eedcam 17:52 09 Sep 06

Why not record the tapes straight to your dvd recorder ?. Save a lot of hassle. As for your dvd's not playing back on the standalone . Mines only plays - R,RW but will play + R,RW if burned on the pc.You may need to change the book type when you burn them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…