dvd combo

teknikz 20:03 16 Jul 04

ive got a dvd player/cd RW combo.......but i think im having some problems with it.

i've got music on dvd's that a friend gave to me....it auto plays and i open the files.....but when i try play the music....it takes a while to load anything onto the playlist of my mp3 players and then it sort of stops and plays the first 4 seconds of the first song repeatedly

ive done autoplay checks and it says its ok...but when i tried to download drivers for the combo when i ectract n run the driver files they say its the wrong device.....what can i do?

its LG by the way

teknikz 20:52 16 Jul 04

ok ive found some drivers....there are

Mscdex.exe for windows 98SE

and cdr4_2K.sys for windows xp

are they both drivers or what?

which do i use? im using windows xp at the moment

Sans le Sou 21:01 16 Jul 04

Should not need extra drivers as they are part of Windows. Do not use Mscdex as this is a DOS driver for another O/S. I do not know about the other one but as I said you should not need extra drivers. Did your friend create a playlist properly on the DVD, have you tried it on a non PC player.

teknikz 21:04 16 Jul 04

well when i first got them.....they all opened ok......then they went funny......the dvd's have files inside them with the tracks inside them files

like i just said tho......they worked fine the first couple of times i used them

teknikz 22:52 16 Jul 04

ive just put a normal cd into my dvd drive and it worked straight away....does that suggest anything?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…