dvd combo

teknikz 20:03 16 Jul 04

ive got a dvd player/cd RW combo.......but i think im having some problems with it.

i've got music on dvd's that a friend gave to me....it auto plays and i open the files.....but when i try play the music....it takes a while to load anything onto the playlist of my mp3 players and then it sort of stops and plays the first 4 seconds of the first song repeatedly

ive done autoplay checks and it says its ok...but when i tried to download drivers for the combo when i ectract n run the driver files they say its the wrong device.....what can i do?

its LG by the way

teknikz 20:52 16 Jul 04

ok ive found some drivers....there are

Mscdex.exe for windows 98SE

and cdr4_2K.sys for windows xp

are they both drivers or what?

which do i use? im using windows xp at the moment

Sans le Sou 21:01 16 Jul 04

Should not need extra drivers as they are part of Windows. Do not use Mscdex as this is a DOS driver for another O/S. I do not know about the other one but as I said you should not need extra drivers. Did your friend create a playlist properly on the DVD, have you tried it on a non PC player.

teknikz 21:04 16 Jul 04

well when i first got them.....they all opened ok......then they went funny......the dvd's have files inside them with the tracks inside them files

like i just said tho......they worked fine the first couple of times i used them

teknikz 22:52 16 Jul 04

ive just put a normal cd into my dvd drive and it worked straight away....does that suggest anything?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…