DVD- CD/RWdrive- problems

I have a problem with my infamous Matshuita sw-9581 drive, I cannot record cd/rw or dvd-r.I have some Benq cd/rws and Mirror DVD-r, do I have to format them first? Any other ideas.

Jester2K II 12:30 18 Sep 03

What errors do you get?

-pops- 12:30 18 Sep 03

What burning/writing software do you have?

I have the supplied Pinnacle software and Nero which I already had. The discs are not valid or not recognized.

-pops- 14:10 18 Sep 03

Have you updated the software to recognise the drive?

Which software should I of updated? If you are talking about the drive then I updated it today and nero was updated only last week.Any other ideas?

Chegs ® 00:11 19 Sep 03

Mirror DVD-R! I have several of these from a mate,the films on them jump and freeze all thru.I tried them in a standalone DVD player and a puters,and neither my DVD burner,or DVD player would recognise them,so thats possibly your problem,neither brand of DVD media you have is compatable with your burner.I use "Yellow" DataWrite and have 10 DVD-RW discs(Packard Bell brand)both +- types and haven't had any probs with them in a Pioneer 106.To burn large Data DVD's I had to install InCd(part of Nero)

-pops- 06:22 19 Sep 03

As Chegs ® says, DVD writers are very finicky about what they will write to.

So, if all your software is up to date and recognises your writer, check up with the drive manufacturer for compatible brands of DVD.

Regarding CDRWs - I wouldn't have them in the house.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…