DVD and CD Show this

Hi Guys

Sorry but i can't add pic to explain this better when i put blank DVD/CD in my DVD -&+ writer the drive properties show Type CD Drive and file system as RAW and states there is no free space and no used space, when there is no disc in the drive the machine regonise the drive as DVD this is the same on 2 machines one using XP Home 1 XP PRO

Cheers in advance for help

User-312386 13:31 10 Mar 06

That is correct as there is nothing on them yet

Soprry its not correct! when i have entered a cd/dvd disc into the machine it would advise me how much space is used and avaliable so if what your saying is correct since when has this happend

mehome 09:05 12 Mar 06

unfotunately it is correct.If you want info on the disk use burning software such as nero.

Under Windows XP,This is what my DVD Writer properties are:-

For my DVD writer, without a blank disk in it, it is labelled as a DVD/CD RW device, File system unknown.

With a blank DVD inserted into the drive it states that the drive is a CD drive, File system RAW.

This is exactly as yours - This is correct, it functions correctly. You dont actually say why this is a problem?!

mehome 09:54 12 Mar 06

it isn't a problem

i tired to back up a DVD as a test but nero stated the dvd could not be used as no space left i tried 5 diff dvds from 2 sep makes and still dosent work i can burn files but i would not let me back up one dvd to another

pj123 14:04 13 Mar 06

What version of Nero do you have?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…