DVD CD Rom

iscanut2 18:16 10 Apr 05

Am trying to help a friend copy files to CD. He has a DVD writer as well as a CD RW unit. As I have never used a DVD CD Rom, can someone advise me if the DVD writer will write to ordinary CD-R roms as well as DVDs. At the moment, the DVD writer does not recognise a CD-R when it is put in the tray ! I can copy his data files to the CD RW unit.
I also notice the in the Send To list, his CD Rom appears as Drive D but the DVD RW (Drive E ) does not appear in the Send To list. Should it ?

PA28 22:00 10 Apr 05

How come this one got missed? Short answer is yes, a DVD writer will write to a CD-R. Have a look at Device Manager and see if both drives are being detected; if not, check cable and pin settings are correct on the drives (suggest both on IDE2, DVD as master and CD-RW as slave as first option).

Buchan 35 22:08 10 Apr 05

Exactly!!! By the way pa to be what are you and mum-to-be hoping to have?

Buchan 35 22:10 10 Apr 05

Abject apologies, I thought the 8 was a B

iscanut2 09:55 11 Apr 05

Thanks...

PA28 15:26 11 Apr 05

No offence taken! A father at my age - I should co co, with 3 of 'em and only one left in the nest! PA28 comes from the Piper aircraft of the same name, which I fly when I get the opportunity. So now you know!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…