DVD onto CD?

tomei 16:43 20 Jan 09

Can I load a dvd onto pc and record music only back onto a cd? I have Always Look on the Bright Side Monty Python DVDs but would like this track onto a cd? Thanks again

Pamy 16:59 20 Jan 09
  tomei 19:18 20 Jan 09

yes thank you so much.

interzone55 09:01 21 Jan 09

It would probably be simpler to download the track from iTunes or Amazon.

click here

DippyGirl 11:53 21 Jan 09

..or play the scene on PCs DVD player and capture the sound using something like audacity audacity.sourceforge.net and export as WAV or MP3 as desired

DippyGirl 11:54 21 Jan 09

try again click here

tomei 12:13 21 Jan 09

Thank you so much for help shown on this great site! Problem for lots of people of an older age is we want 'simple simple simple'! Simple downloads, especially simple instructions. Words like 'defaults' and some of the technical language like your 'audacity' 'WAV' etc is just foreign to me! Looks like itunes is ready now for me to burn and the dvd-ripper Im about to try out too.

DippyGirl 13:46 21 Jan 09

Sorry - sometimes tricky to get he balance right.
Audacity is a sound editing program, but you can use it for recording. It will record whatever plays through your PC's speakers.
You would have to download it from the link I provided and install it on your PC.
To do what you want to do you would then :
Play you DVD and get to the where the song starts and pause the DVD
Start audacity. Press the red record button on the control bar. (you should see two audio tracks appear on the screen light grey with a blue line down the centre)
Now un-pause your DVD
If you look in the audacity window you should see the waveform being recorded
When Eric, John and the boys are finished singing, again in the audacity window press the yellow stop button
Then File > Export as WAV This will start a dialog allowing you to save the recording
You can then listen to it on your PC or copy to a CD as you chose

You may chose to take a different option on this occaision but maybe applicable at another time
Any problems/questions post back

interzone55 17:00 21 Jan 09

I should point out that recording a song off a DVD soundtrack is in breach of copyright, so you may wish to consider the iTunes or Amazon MP3 download option if that pricks your conscience...

tomei 19:12 21 Jan 09

I've bought from itunes and burnt onto disc so am now delighted! Taken notice mr alan14! Thanks also dippygirl!

tomei 19:15 21 Jan 09

Have bought RW for CD and DVD. How do I clean off discs for re-use please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017