Dvd .C Drive Conflict???

birdface 10:25 10 Jun 07

I have tried to get my Dvd Drive to work for about the last 9 months,Have had a few threads on here that covered most things,But have came up with a possible conflict between C Drive and Dvd Drive,Now right clicking C Drive ,Properties,Hardware,C Drive Location is 0(0) E Drive is 1(1)and D Drive is 0(0) Now with C Drive and D Drive using the same location it say's on help support that they may be causing a conflict and to change one to a different number but does not tell you how,I have tried inserting a different number but unable to change,Now to save any problems I was just wondering if everyones C Drive and D Drive used the same location number,Just to save me from going down this path.Any help welcome.

bremner 10:28 10 Jun 07

Do you have both the hard drive and DVD drive on the same IDE ribbon and both set to slave by any chance.

If so then set the DVD drive jumpers to slave.

birdface 10:37 10 Jun 07

Sorry I Dont know ,I have never touched anything inside of the computer.everything used to work Ok,Can I change anything without going into computer,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:37 10 Jun 07

Are they both shown on the same Bus?

If you have two IDE channels (primary and secondary)
each will have a location 0 and 1 (master and slave)

Have a read of the problems and solutions at the bottom of click here

bremner 10:39 10 Jun 07

Sorry just reread what I typed.

It should have said if they are both set to MASTER then change the DVD to slave.

birdface 11:05 10 Jun 07

Ok,I thought that because C Drive And D Drive Were Showing as 0(0) that something was wrong,As Long as D and E drives are set to 0 or 1 that is normal.So no problems,Ok thanks for your help,

birdface 11:14 10 Jun 07

D drive[Dvd Player] is set is set To 0(0).And Dvd RW E Drive is set to 1(1) is that the normal way or doe's it not matter.

birdface 11:16 10 Jun 07

Hi,Do you have to go into Bios to check that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:33 10 Jun 07

No, click the drive in device mnager and select properties to find its location.

Personally I would have the writer as the master on the secondary IDE cable and ro(player) as the slave on the same cable

birdface 13:56 10 Jun 07

Ok, Thanks for all your help.Nothing seems to work,So I have just put it down to a bad DVD Drive .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant