DVD burning woes.

Rufus Tanner 10:57 14 Dec 03

I'm using Roxio easy CD/DVD creator 6, if I try to burn some MPEG movies (approx 550 - 750Mb in size) onto DVD, it comes up telling me they're to big to fit onto the DVD (it shows some of them up 6.5Gb!). Am I missing something obvious or am I heading down sh*t creek without a paddle.

MichelleC 11:16 14 Dec 03

Sounds like the files are avi from the size. Does Roxio convert to mpeg2 (which will compress to around 10%)?

zebbydog 12:58 14 Dec 03

Before you burn to dvd you have to use an authorising program.ie TMPGEnc DVD AUTHOR.
do a search with google.
hope this helps Zebby

chrisinireland 18:02 31 Dec 03

first of all you cant burn AVI straight onto a dvd-rw, it sould tell u its too big. u need a avi converting program like MAIN CONCEPT ENCODER , or TMPEGENC, id use the first one alot faster and easier to use, then u need a dvd authoring program like DVD-LAB, thats what im using, its real good and u can make your ownmenues and chapters. i can give u alot more advice if u want just take too long to explain it to u here lol, if u do need anymore advice using these programs or gettin them, contact me at [email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…