dvd burning software?

longjon 11:19 02 Jun 03

i want to burn some mpegs onto DVD (or CD) but only have a DVD player and a CD player on my PC. i have heard that software exists that allows mpegs to be burned onto discs for playback on the PC, or in an external DVD player. is this correct? if so can anyone recommend where to get some? any help appreciated.

soy 11:22 02 Jun 03

Don't think its possible to burn a cd using ordinary CD and DVD readers.

You'll need to invest in a CD-Burner. A CD-RW burner are very cheap now and will allow you to burn VCD's etc. click here for a good range of burners for at around the £50 mark.

longjon 11:42 02 Jun 03

thanks soy...perhaps i shd have said that i my cd unit is a cd burner and i have cd burning nero software. what is a VCD? how do they differ, if at all from DVDs? thanks in advance.

leo49 11:46 02 Jun 03

If you go here;

click here

you can download the Nero manual.

soy 12:04 02 Jun 03

VCD = Video Compact Disk

VCD use a format called Mpeg to store Video onto a normal CD. The quality is about the same as normal tape. You can store about 74-80 Minutes of video on each CD, so a movie will often span 2 or even 3 CD's.

VCD's can be played on almost all DVD players and PC's with a DVD player.

Gaz 25 13:17 02 Jun 03

Aldi had Movie Jack 2 in to copy DVD's but they are highly illigal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…