Dvd burning software

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 21:04 30 Jul 04

Hi

I've tried a search and couldn't find anything which surprised me!!

Anyway, Can anyone please recommend a good dvd burning software so I can backup some of my dvds.

I want to be able to backup the menus and extras too.

I've had a quick look on amazon but see that not all work on commercial dvds which are what I'd like to backup.

Thanks in advance.

stalion 21:07 30 Jul 04

touchy subject because of copyright,perhaps someone else will comment

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 21:11 30 Jul 04

Yeah I know what you mean, but as I don't own a studio the only dvds that I have are commercial and some are in and out of their cases and I've already split one getting it out of the cheap "crap" case that it was in.

Although its another story, some of the cases,especially box sets are VERY VERY bad!

Chegs ® 21:16 30 Jul 04
  kjrider 00:01 31 Jul 04

Try DVD Shrink. Free to download, and is useful to back up DVD (Your own and not copywright ones, of course!)

kjrider 00:02 31 Jul 04

Try DVD Shrink. Free to download, and is useful to back up DVD (Your own and not copywright ones, of course!)

kjrider 00:02 31 Jul 04

Chegs ® 01:53 31 Jul 04

Try my links. :-)

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 16:30 31 Jul 04

Ok I've managed to rip the dvd onto my hard drive but now when i burn it onto dvd (using intervideo disc master 2) the dvd will only play on my pc and not in my standalone dvd players (I have tried 2 different players which usually play anything!!)

I only have Nero 5.5 so can't use Nero. Any suggestions??? What am I doing wrong or do i need different burning software??

Chegs ® 19:43 31 Jul 04

click here

Ok, this guide describes the definitely easiest method for backing up DVD-Video discs to DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW discs. Basically we use just one tool for the whole process, called DVD Decrypter which can rip the movie, create an ISO DVD image file and burn that image file back to blank DVD media.

Taken from the DVD Decrypter Help page at this link.

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 15:42 01 Aug 04

Thanks for that. But can that be used with DVD shrink.

I've looked through DVD DEcrypt but the dvd size is too large, unless i can get it to work from DVD Shrink!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…