DVD burning progs.

bluto1 19:48 09 Sep 06

Is there a free DVD burner available please?
Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rossi#1 19:55 09 Sep 06

I use thisclick here

Strawballs 20:02 09 Sep 06

click here Ignore the title it will do DVD's and it is very easy to use, I have Nero 7 and still use it quite often.

robgf 20:07 09 Sep 06

Hi,
Deepburner as suggested by Rossi is good, but make sure you choose to tile the windows, otherwise it is a bit confusing initially as to what you should do.
You could also try:

AVS Disk Creator v1.2.
A simple to use CD/DVD burner, with a very good help file, excellent for creating multi-session or single session Data disks, or music discs with MP3's.
Does not create standard Audio discs.
Works with most types of disc and seems quite reliable, although the interface can be a little slow to update the file list at times.
Has burning support for the Blu-ray DVD format.
Download size 5.6Mb -- Win 2000, XP, 2003
click here

or:

CommandBurner.
This is a fairly simple CD/DVD burner, it only does single session Data burns, so you can not add to the contents of a previously burned disc, but it would be useful for producing backups, it can also erase rewritable discs.
The burner works reliably and has a very easy to understand interface. It can also be controlled by command line, if that appeals to you!
Download size 2.73Mb
click here

CD Burner Pro XP
Can perform all the standard CD writing options, ie data, audio, iso discs, can also do some work with DVD's. Works well and quite fast, but rather complex interface compared to other programs that can do the same operations.
Download size 11Mb
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003 Server

Rob. :)

bluto1 21:18 09 Sep 06

Thanks guys, I`ll have a look at everything. Ideally all I want to do is back-up 99% of my stuff before changing OS. Thanks for your input. Resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…