dvd burning program- on mum's pc!

Ballie 20:47 20 Aug 08

I am in some trouble with my mum!

She has a vista pc and wanted some DVD burning software, I down loaded DVD shrink 2008 for her (which she paid for) but her pc will still not burn a DVD, I think she needs some burning program.

Can anyone give me a link to a free one that works with vista, as I need to get back in her good books!

Thank you

MsTechie 20:57 20 Aug 08

Within Vista there is free inbuilt burning software, not as detailed as what you might pay for but nonetheless free
click here

roddypoddy 20:58 20 Aug 08

click here
Or look here.

wis 20:58 20 Aug 08

not sure whats happened here ,any cd/dvd writer
will work with microsoft, they normaly come with
nero disc, go device manager see what that shows up,you dont pay to burn discs

Ballie 21:14 20 Aug 08

perhaps I haven't explained this right my mums pc is on vista it now has DVD Shrink 2008 installed it also has a DVD RW drive capable of burning.

But I appear to need some burning program for example on my XP based pc I use DVD Shrink but with Nero burning software.

With mum's pc she has the dvd burning drive, she has dvd shrink 2008 but has no burning software, all I need is a link to a free burning software.

wis 22:01 20 Aug 08

as my prev ,
no additional software is required to burn dvd/cd
vista or xp
i would unistall shink, use defualt microsoft
it works for us all

eedcam 22:12 20 Aug 08

Shrink is free you have been ripped off .Download IMg burn that is a great free burner and as good as they come bought or free
click here

beeuuem 22:25 20 Aug 08

There are several free programmes eg click here or - click here - and click here which should all work with Vista anf are simple to use.
I use WinOnCD 6 which is free from click here (register at click here but this is a large D/L and is a matter of taste. I just happen to like WinOnCD.

woodchip 22:29 20 Aug 08

Yep I have used the CDburnerXP Pro with success

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…