DVD burning problem

Skinn 00:05 12 Dec 07

I've just used CD Burner XP to copy a DVD from a DVD+RW to a DVD-R and it won't work. I've been throught the burning process and it seemed to be working but the new DVD is still blank- is this because of the '+' to '-' incompatability?

It's as if the disc is blank.The finalisation process has been completed - the DVD's are now unusable even though they appear to be blank!

I'm unsure whether my DVD-RW is multi-format or +/-. How can I ascertain this?

Crash 00:14 12 Dec 07

Do you know the model of the drive?

MCE2K5 02:20 12 Dec 07

Check to see if Drives are in the Compatible drives List, click here

Skinn 09:32 12 Dec 07

Thanks for the replies. The DVD-ROM model is a Philips DROM6216 and the DVD-RW model is a Philips PBDV1640P. The DVD I'm recording from is a DVD+RW and the DVD I'm recording to is a DVD-R.

Is there a problem with cross compatibility with the DVD's?

Or, is there a problem with the drive compatibility? I've done an internet search and can't find whether the drives are -,+ or multi-format.

eedcam 13:43 12 Dec 07

A better burner is Imgburn which is free click here

Once installed go to Tools>Drive>Capabilities there are then two sections showing what your drive can Read and what it can Write
Only the formats that are ticked can be used and Know you cant tick the empty boxes
Imgburn will also check for firmware updates for your drive if you follow the same procedure but select Check for firmware updates at the bootm of the list

Afternoon David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…