DVD Burning Problem

BazzaHawkeye 18:01 11 Mar 05

I'm using Nero to burn a slide show of photographs. This has been done OK. I saved a DVD copy to my external hard drive and it runs OK.

When burning to DVD disc the burn c0ompletes with no errors showing, however the DVD disc come sup with DISC ERROR when placed in my DVD player but only after part of the slide show has run.

The disc also faults when run in another PC DVD drive, but not when run in the original burning DVD drive.

I use XP home and a LG DVD drive.

I've tried various DVD discs but the error comes at a similar place every time.

FelixTCat 19:14 11 Mar 05

What process are you using to burn the DVD? Is is disk-at-once, track-at-once or what?

To play in any other player, the disk has to be finalised; this is part of the process of disk at once.

Most stand-alone players cannot play multi-session disks, either.

There are also incompatibilities between the dyes used in the disks and some players.

BazzaHawkeye 19:31 11 Mar 05

I'm using disc at once and finalising. The DVD will play for part of its contents then comes up with the "Disc Error" message on the DVD player

Completealias 19:36 11 Mar 05

Do you get any error messages when burning the disc? For example in nero if a problem occurs you can get a buffer underrun error message. As it might b a problem with the burning process rather than the players. Could b the discs u r using as well dodgy batch maybe?

Have you tried burning another disc to see if the same thing happens?

FelixTCat 21:13 11 Mar 05

I suspect it is compatibility of the disks with the players. Ricoh 04 and 05 dyes are supposed to be the most compatible, but I have had a lot of trouble with DVDs burned on my pc not playing on the dvd player attached to the tv.

I think it is a case of trying to find compatible disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…