DVD burning prob

Jak_1 22:29 10 Jun 06

I am using an Advent PC, XP-Home with an AMD Athlon 64 bit chip, 512MB RAM with the Pinacle burning program that was pre-installed. I have now had several dvd's failing to burn though the program states writing successfuly completed. CD's burn without a problem and the DVD's used to up to recently. I am using DVD+R for burning to as the drive supports DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD RAM and CD's. Anyone able to shed some light on the problem please, I will be very grateful for all suggestions. Was wondering if it may be a bad batch of disks!

woodchip 22:34 10 Jun 06

The drive may be faulty. your best bet is get some DVD RW discs and keep trying on them. Not keep making coasters

Jak_1 22:36 10 Jun 06

Thanks, will give that a go.

Jak_1 00:59 11 Jun 06

Hm, very odd. I can now get it to burn but only if I omit 2 particular files. At last I don't need to fork out for a new drive, lol.

woodchip 08:40 11 Jun 06

If you are trying to burn a SlideShow with other than Jpg files. i.e It as tiff or some other file format. That's why you will have the problem

Jak_1 12:24 11 Jun 06

The files I was burning are from my ancient video camera converted to mpg format so they will play on a DVD player to tv. Seems that two particular files were causing a problem as the others have burned ok. I have wasted about 15 DVD+R's but hey they are cheap enough these days and I now seem to have the problem under control.
Thanks for all the input, appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…