DVD Burning

carver 09:06 11 Aug 07

Hi, I need a bit of help in burning videos onto DVD's, my daughter has quite a few hours of her at different show jumping events and now needs to burn them onto DVD's.
The problem is I don't know what I need in terms of decent software to do it.
She has a decent DVDW in her p/c so that is not a problem it's just the software that's needed, and it needs to be quite good but easy to use.
Anybody got any ideas.

eedcam 09:30 11 Aug 07

The cheapest is possibly Uleads movie studio Personal choice adobe premiere elements or magix movie studio plus .All avaialble with free working download trials . Be aware it is a very power hungry process Iwould try them out se whichyou find the easiest to use . What is the original format in Mini -dv or dvd as some handle each differently

crosstrainer 11:40 11 Aug 07

Pinnacle...

click here

eedcam 14:06 11 Aug 07

Forgot to say check out the user forums for each one give you an idea what kind of support is available

carver 19:48 11 Aug 07

Sorry to take so long to reply but been out all day with my daughter show jumping.
The format that I'm useing is a Pannasonic Mini-dv tape.
I'll try these out first but if you can think of any others I'd be gratefull.

Pamy 19:57 11 Aug 07

Your daughter may have a decent DVDW, but what input does she have. What output does the camera have IEE/and or USB 2 and does the computer have the same? or none?

eedcam 22:38 11 Aug 07

Carver in that case you need to make sure your pc has firewire(IEE) installed you canot use usb with satisfactory results . If you are running XP then you have windows movie maker installed you can capture to that but not burn direct to dvd with it. .Be aware 1 hour of dv-avi is 13 G/byte in size.Do suss out my reference to user support forums believe me ther is a world of difference. If you want another chucked in the pot Adobe premiere that'll set you back several hundred quid. The only other at reasonable cost is Sony vegas . You pays your money and take your choice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…