DVD Burning

scouser 10:45 28 Oct 06

I have a Mesh computer with a Sony DVD RW DW-Q30A writer installed. I have not used it since I got the machine and, although it seems to play discs back OK, I am having trouble burning any. I made a video with Pinnacle but after putting in the disc to burn I got the message 'Wrong Type of Disc' also when I tried to burn 1.7 GB of information from a file I got the same meesage and the tray opens again.
I have tried Phillips's DVD+RW 4.7 GB and Emotion DVD+R 4.7 GB 1x4x compatible, single sided but the tray opens with the above message. The only disc it did seem to accept was an ordinary CD-R80 but this did not have enough space to burn the file, only being 700 MB. This is a Multispeed 1x-56x.
Mesh say it will accept most any type of disc so what could be causing this error?

johndrew 11:22 28 Oct 06

Have you selected the correct type of disc and burner in Pinnacle?

When you made the video in Pinnacle did you make a DVD or CD?

The former is a mistake I made myself, the latter a possibility with the range of choices available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…