DVD Burning

ACOLYTE 00:31 21 Jan 05

After reading another thread i decided to check my settings ,because the speed at witch people say they can copy is way faster than i can,i took
this click here is this setup ok?

hugh-265156 00:47 21 Jan 05

looks ok for the dvdrw.

try setting the cdrw to dma if available if you can.

it will depend on the speed you selected to burn at with the software you are using and the max speed of the discs you have and if the software has to encode the files before burning to disc in the format you choose.

can you give us some more info please?

ACOLYTE 01:03 21 Jan 05

I dont select a speed i leave it on Auto the writer is an 8X speed drive but i dont know what speed it goes at the disc's are 1-4X disc's,im using InCD/DVD by pinicale to burn i dont think it has to encode the files, i burn from hard drive to DVD they are the same file as they come off the DVD.Video_TS.

ACOLYTE 01:07 21 Jan 05

I did click the triangle and it said "The Transfer mode for this device was set to a mode lower than what it is capable of because of excessive transfer errors to the device.This will cause a loss of system performance.Please check the cabling to the device and verify an 80 conducter flat ribbon cable is used for Ultra66 and higher transfer modes."

Funny thing is the drive works like a dream and i dont remember having errors on it.

hugh-265156 01:12 21 Jan 05

i have never used pinnicale software but whats it like when burning a large plain data dvd at x4 speed then?

have you run defrag on your hard drive lately? may help you never know.

try a 30 day trial of nero maybe click here

hugh-265156 01:15 21 Jan 05

if you have win xp look in 'control panel/system/hardware/device manager/IDE/ATA/ATAPI controllers' and click on the primary and secondary ide cahhels in turn, select 'advanced settings' and set to 'dma if available' as above.

ACOLYTE 01:17 21 Jan 05

I should say that before burning it does verify the Audio and Video quality of the files,before it burns,i can't say i have ever taken any notice of the speeds before until i read the other thread will start doing so now tho.I have Nero 5.5 installed as well but just use that for cd-r work.

ACOLYTE 01:23 21 Jan 05

The hard drives are set to Ultra DMA5 the cd/rw is pio mode and the dvd is ultra33,the dvd writer is 8X speed and goes to 24 speed for cd's.

ACOLYTE 01:25 21 Jan 05

Usually it takes between an hour hour and a half to record a full dvd that can be 4.3 Gig and i have burnt 7.2 Gig in that time as well to the same disks.

ACOLYTE 10:56 21 Jan 05

There is no DMA if available option just
Ultra DMA 2 ultra 33
Ultra DMA 1
Ultra DMA 0

Multiword DMA 2
Multiword DMA 1
Miltiword DMA 0

PIO Mode.

I have set them both to Ultra DMA 2 Ultra 33
and let the bios decide correct speed is that ok?

ACOLYTE 13:05 22 Jan 05

OK,if every one is happy with this setup i wil tick this thread,last chance lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…