DVd burning

After I made a DVD Video using nero 6 with a sony drv710a I put the made copy into a Pioneer dvd rom and clicked burn and I got a message saying cannot copy this disc to a dvd, do I need a programe for this or another dvd drive

rickf 16:50 03 Jan 05

Do you mean Pioneer DVD RW as you say DVD Rom? If it is just a DVD Rom then it is not for burning but just fro playing. You need a DVD Rewriter to burn DVD discs.

PA28 18:00 03 Jan 05

If you have Nero 6 you will have the facility to copy DVDs that have been written on a PC. Yes, you will need a burner, but if you have both the Sony burner and the Pioneer DVD-ROM in the same machine then copying between the two should not be a problem. Might be helpful if you could clarify exactly what's what in your problem?

First i made a video on the sony dvd/cd 710a
rewritable drive I then wanted to make a copy so I placed the recorded disc into the Pioneer dvd rom and opened nero and clicked copy/burn and received a message saying Cannot copy this disc to a dvd when I play the recorded disc in the pioneer it play it in windows but not a very good quality could this be the problem?

Both the pioner drive and the sony dvd writer are in the same computer I replaced the cd/writer with the sony dvd

SirGalahad2004 19:03 03 Jan 05

try putting the copied movie disc in the rewriter driver . click copy disc and make sure you have set it to dvd and not cd .

If I put the disc into the rewriter drive I could not copy it to the Pionner as it is only a player

john-232317 20:46 03 Jan 05

It copies it to the harddrive then spits the disc out and asks for a recordable one to be put in the drive to copy onto ;-))

john-232317 20:49 03 Jan 05

Or if the dvd file is still in the PC open it up in nero and burn it again.

The file is still on the hard disc but if I say make another copy it has to transcode it again and this takes 2 hours so this is not the answer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…