DVD Burner but no software

BlueVinney 20:49 17 Dec 04

Bought an NEC 3500A DVD burner for a good price but it came with no software, so I bought Nero 6 Suite 1.

Unfortunately Nero 6 won't install. The CD auto starts in the drive but then fails in setup.exe. (I'm running Win ME.)

Suggestions on how I can get the drive operating gratefully received.

woodchip 21:11 17 Dec 04

Copy the CD contents to Desktop, by draging with right button. then start in safe mode, from reboot keep pressing F8 as it starts and choose safe mode. then try loading NERO from the copy on the Desktop. look for the setup file

BlueVinney 12:42 18 Dec 04

Hi woodchip.

Solved one problem but found another. I'd uninstalled Nero but that had left InCD, part of the package still there. So I've removed that and it starts, unfortunately the install does not recognise my serial number as yet.

bretsky 14:34 18 Dec 04

I use this click here if you have Nov 2004 issue, there's is copy on the disc.

bretsky ;0)

BlueVinney 11:42 19 Dec 04

Thanks, but I didn't get that issue (anyway I expected I could stay with Nero!). Having bought the software from a reputable(?) supplier I don't want to be beaten.

The problem is that the initialisation puts up a screen asking for name, company and serial number. There is no button to accept the information so I assume that the software is monitoring what is being typed in the serial number field. Pressing Return does not do anything. The screen sits there doing nothing until I terminate with Esc.

I may restart with a thread specifically on the Nero problem now that the drive is responding on my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…