DVD Burner

redsforever 13:01 29 Nov 04

My dvd burner appears to have stopped working. On
inserting either a cd/dvd the busy light goes out
almost immediatley and nothing happens. On checking the properties of the drive there is no disc noted. I have uninstalled/reinstalled both the hardware and the driver to no avail.
I tried to download some firmware (not really sure what this is) but when i opened the file it
said that the target drive was unaccessable.
Any thoughts or is it time for a new one.

pj123 14:15 29 Nov 04

I think we need a bit more info here. Like, what is your computer spec? what dvd burner do you have, what CD/DVD are you trying to access/play? etc...

Greyhair 15:44 29 Nov 04

I had a similar problem with my dvd(see dvd writer discussed earlier)and thought it was physical but looked like a software conflict. I ended up reformatting and reinstalling windows which fixed this. Before doing anything as drastic try the following:--
Go to Start/Control Panel/system/hardware and check the settings in the Device Manager,IDE ATA/ATAPI, Secondary IDE channel, advanced, transfer mode. From the drop down change the setting to "PIO only" if it is showing "DMA if available". What do others think?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…