dvd burned copy on pc won't play on dvd player

Lori H 18:28 31 Jul 07

Just bought a dvd vhs combi. Been transfering old vhs to dvd. Copied one of the dvd's on the pc. It plays ok on the pc but not on any dvd players I have. What am I doing wrong?

v1asco 18:33 31 Jul 07

Have you finalised the disc?

This often catches me out, its left open so that you can edit it if needed. Once finalised you cannot change the contents. It may be found in the menu or setup.

john bunyan 18:36 31 Jul 07

Lori H
Also ensure you burn the PC disc in video format, not as a data disc.

cream. 18:39 31 Jul 07

" Have you finalised the disc? " as bugle said.

Will the dvd player read dvdr's or dvdrw's are the disks you are using compatible with the dvd player. Are you using + or - disks are they straight dvdr's or dvdrw's, will the player read + or - or both?

eedcam 19:01 31 Jul 07

What are you burning with best bet is downloadFreebie Imgburn and burn with that no need to worry about finalizing

Lori H 09:12 01 Aug 07

disc won't finalise. Burned using external dvd drive. Does this mean it will be data files? Dvd being burned is a Long Play recording does this have an effect?

eedcam 09:32 01 Aug 07

LP should'nt matter you have already compressed to fit on a single layer dvd . Nor should external drive though not as good as internal depending on connection .Really suggest as before Imgburn its free and straight forward just put your original dvd in select read then select write click here

David4637 19:10 03 Aug 07

What is the file structure on the DVD, should have 2 folders, AUDIO_TS with no files in it, and VIDEO_TS with a number of *.VOBs etc? David

gpzdave 23:49 03 Aug 07

Lori

Use dvr-rw in combi, record from vhs then finalise in combi{video mode). On pc use dvd shrink/with nero to back up the file, this allows you to re-author the file and save or burn. I have been doing this with all my own old videos with no problems.

shanet 21:44 10 Aug 07

does anyone know how to create a dvd using imgburner and get it to play on a normal dvd player, i have tried it once, but it doesn't work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5