DVD burining error

reddwarfcrew 01:41 12 Mar 05

I have an LGDVDRAM GSA-4160B burner and have been succesfully been buring using bulkpaq 4xdvd-r.

I have now just opened a new pack of the same media (albeit bought some months apart) and now am getting the following error:

Focus or tracking error

Have I just been unlucky and got a dodgy pack of 25 discs (3 binned so far out of 3).

JonnyTub 02:15 12 Mar 05

quite possibly a drive error, i've never seen errors like this this unless the optics are going on a drive.

FelixTCat 09:15 12 Mar 05

Buy 1 Verbatim (or other good branded disk) and try that. If that fails as well, it is probably the burner. If that works, it is the disks.

john-232317 09:34 12 Mar 05

Read this click here

Or type focus or tracking error in google

john-232317 09:38 12 Mar 05

Looks like drive cant distinguish between single and double layer media perhaps.

john-232317 09:49 12 Mar 05

Nearly a whole forum on it click here

reddwarfcrew 13:04 12 Mar 05

but no difference.

I did find a disc from my old batch of bulkpaq and that worked fine, so either I've got a dodgy pack of discs or they slightly changed the way the disc is made.

I'll have to see if they work in my sisters DVDRW when I get chance.

Oh well, off to my local computer fair tomorrow.

FelixTCat 13:16 12 Mar 05

I would be very careful about buying blank disks from a computer fair. Being cynical, I always ask myself why they are being sold this way? Is it because they have come from a bad batch that a normal retailer has rejected.

Prices on-line are so cheap now that I just wouldn't take the risk. See this as an example: click here

I am not even saying that this is the best price. Ritek G0-5 media are reputed to be compatible with most players.

reddwarfcrew 16:42 12 Mar 05

think I'm gonna go for:

{DV 3208} Ritek Silver Printable (8x) DVD-R in Spindle Tubs of 50 £10.99 from blankdiscshop.co.uk

I have a canon i865 which can print on CDs so I'm gonna give them a go, only £10 if they're no good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…