DVD Blanks

metabolee 22:16 03 Aug 06

Hello i have new blank dvds/ dvd+ my dvd rewriter is telling me to insert a blank disc into the drive i am also clicking properties on the dropdown menu this is also saying that there is no free space on the disc, what can be the problem??

SG Atlantis® 22:22 03 Aug 06

try a different disk.

Maybe the new ones are bad.

ade.h 22:23 03 Aug 06

"When DVDs go bad". LOL

Have you formatted them (if your software needs it)?

Smiler 10:48 04 Aug 06

Why would he need to format them? Only necessary if they are rewritable discs that you wish to use with a packet writing program.

ade.h 11:08 04 Aug 06

I have to format all DVDs with my software.

pj123 11:13 04 Aug 06

I have never formatted a DVD or CD whether they are RW or not.

I just use Nero in Multisession mode. Never had any problems.

The Old Mod 11:21 04 Aug 06

Never had to format a disc, burnt hundreds!
Suggest you try a different brand of disc.

ade.h 11:54 04 Aug 06

Like I say, folks, it depends on the software. I don't use Nero (and never will again) but my software requires that you format the disc.

Smiler 14:50 04 Aug 06

May I ask what software you use?

ade.h 14:50 04 Aug 06

DLA.

Smiler 19:59 04 Aug 06

"Drive Letter Access (DLA) allows you to drag and drop from your hard drive to your CD-RW drive, copying the file to the CD-RW media."

I see that this is a packet writing program.
It seems that the discs are not compatable with your drive.
What drive is it have you checked to see if there are any firmware updates to accomodate newer discs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…