DVD backing up?

billy 22:00 27 Jan 03

My kids have DVDs which they leave lieing around, get scratched and ruined. I could tell them not too, just like I could tell the tide not to come in. DVD copiers are still quite expensive and I gather they will not copy DVDs but I have also seen sofware that claims to be able to copy onto CDs. Does anyone know if this works? It would also be handy to back up PS2 games.
P.S. I have seen some vehement denunciations of copying for free; I really am doing for back-up.

Sir Radfordin™ 22:09 27 Jan 03

Regardless of the reason for doing it, its not legal.

Scan.co.uk (click here) have had something on offer recently that claims to do what you want.

You can rip DVD to video CDs but its not a very quick process!

BRYNIT 00:15 28 Jan 03

Don't know if it works never tried it click here

Cordy13 00:26 28 Jan 03

It probably works as well as any other DVD 'Ripper' but it doesn't 'copy' DVDs it will make a VCD copy. All you need is time (about 8 hours)

AMD_MAN23 01:26 28 Jan 03

and that all depends on your system proccesor and hard drive space, you do lose quiete a bit of qulity though, i have got a spare 80gb hard drive for my dvd backups, i rip them, then convert them to divx (better quality than vcd) and store them on the hard drive but these will not play in any dvd players (there are some filtering into the market though) but VCD works on most.

c.b.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…