DVD back-ups (if they get damaged!) & best hardwar

JiM-BoB27 21:13 04 Aug 04

should i get an internal or external? And what software will i need to back up my originals? What should i look for with the DVD R packages......i'm a complete novice !!!!!

Night Ryder 21:20 04 Aug 04

Finances allowing you should get yourself an internal DVD that can handle both DVD-R and DVR+R disks. A good writing software package to look out for is "Nero6"

JYPX 21:33 04 Aug 04

JiM-BoB27, You want to copy DVD movies that you own, in case they get damaged? Well, I guess some or all of this post could be deleted as I think there is some doubt about the legality of overcoming the copyright protection. However, having said that, this site click here has reviewed and rated the various brands of software, and the big suprise is that the one rated as best by many people is put in third place only.

g0nvs 21:50 04 Aug 04

Internal DVD writers are cheaper than external ones, easy to fit and saves desk top space. Considering prices are cheap nowadays, go for a dual format writer +/- no sense buying a single format writer. Best prgrams to use for DVD backup are "DVD Shrink" and "Nero 6". Stick to good media, i.e. Ritek GO4 and Verbatim discs. Good luck. click here

first thing first where the crapper only messin
you will get an internal drive for about £70

dont bother with x turnal unless going to use on diff sys

more than likey you will get nero 6 oem bundle with it
off internet you to find and download dvd decripter to rip to hdd
then dvd shrink to make film fit on to dvd r or rw
then asumming you have nero burn it off
a good pc will do it all together in about an hour

for more basic [email protected]

g0nvs 21:58 04 Aug 04

p.s. "DVD Shrink" is free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…