DVD Back Up ?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:05 20 May 05

I have been using dvd shrink 3.2 for some time now to back up any DVD`s as my rug rats have the habit of loosing then so I keep original in cupboard and a copy for them to watch all was ok until I brought a new film the trouble is I cannot rip one file from cd VOB VTS_01_4 when DVD shink gets to this file the drive rip speed goes to 0x0 and wont continue I have tryed my other drive but still no good, I haven`t had this before tryed another DVD was fine copyed ok is it the DVD.I have had a look on dvdrhelp and tryed verious rippers but still same problen with vob file have they made a dvd that is uncopyable.

roisin dubh 15:43 20 May 05

Hi, used to use dvd shrink for all of about 30 seconds, didn't like the lack of control or the unreliability. Tend to use anydvd and clonedvd in parralel together, any dvd runs in background, clone dvd lets you select what to keep and what to bin (trailers, additional features, foreign language soundtracks etc). Practically idiot proof to use as well which is a bonus

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:22 20 May 05

ive been reading up on the subject some thing about an idle file on dvd

Diodorus Siculus 16:25 20 May 05

click here
VideoHelp.com :: View topic - DVD-9 to DVD-5 using DVDShrink

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:27 20 May 05

is ther a free program anywere that lets you copy and convert to say avi mpeg with the audio ive tryed dvd2avi but the audio file doesnt match up with the avi file when burn in nero

TomJerry 16:31 20 May 05

never used any pro you mentioned, but you could use dvdinfo click here to test disc

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:40 20 May 05

ive check my dvd rw and dvd drives are ok they copy any other dvd i have tested all except this one dvd it starts to copy gets half way then dvd drive stops and error comes up on screen failed to read file E:\

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:44 20 May 05

Diodorus Siculus it does the same with Decrypter as above

CHAIRLEG 23:58 20 May 05

I have the same problem with one dvd out of a of set of ten'used dvd Decrypter and dvd Shrink what is a pain is that they both get to 97% and then give error message.

stefan-194811 00:24 21 May 05

what is the movie your trying to back up because there is a new for of protection that shrink and decrypter dont detect.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 11:02 21 May 05

I have had a read around I see there are a few films that people r haveing trouble with somthing to do with this copy protection lark but thats with sony films this film.Ihave have tryed many programs DVD2avi works but I cannot get audio file to match (sync) with movie VOB (avi) file in nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…