DVD BACK-UP

LAINE 09:46 08 Dec 03

HI GANG
i've lost a few films due to damage by the kids .. backed up a few, but is there a way of backing up write protected ones. loosing too much cash keep buying new ones.there must be a way....
thanks for all help

Diodorus Siculus 11:39 08 Dec 03

There is no "legal" way to do it as far as I know; keep the kids away from them is the best I can suggest.

I have used DVD decrypter click here / vidomi encoder in the past and they seem to work well together.

Quiller. 14:01 08 Dec 03

I have a couple of handicapped kids and they are not to careful with there handling of DVD's.

I back up all my DVD's with DVD x copy express.
click here.

This is a legal retail disk that has been featured in PC Advisor. I have not come across a disk it has not been able to copy. It does put a message on the front of every DVD saying, that you must own the original and this is a backup copy.

From the legal side.
The legal implications are very strict, you must get permission from the owner \ distributor to make a copy, but x copy just asks if you have and to put a tick in the box.

From my point of view, I make one copy that is available around the house. The original is stored away.

chrisinireland 17:52 31 Dec 03
  Jester2K 17:59 31 Dec 03

chrisinireland - nice comments - why not post the info here?

Enjoy the spam you'll get due to posting your e-mail address in an open forum....

chrisinireland 18:05 31 Dec 03

what do u mean

Jester2K 18:06 31 Dec 03

You shouldn't put your e-mail address on websites. Spam-Bots (little search programs) will add you e-mail address to their collection. I did a test once on my website and an unused e-mail address i hid (but was in full view of the SpamBots) was flooded after a week of so...

chrisinireland 18:08 31 Dec 03

ohh now i get u, did u need any help in backin up your dvs

Jester2K 18:08 31 Dec 03

"Personal email addresses - please do not include your email address when posting a thread or a message in a thread. Personal privacy is something that once compromised is difficult to regain, and posting an address in a web forum is akin to advertising it on TV - it can be read (and used) by thousands of strangers. "

From the Site policy

Also this is an open forum where information is to be shared and not with-held in a "i know something you don't" way. If you have to keep it to yourself its probably not welcome here anyway!!!

To contact some by e-mail click the envelope icon next to their name.

Jester2K 18:09 31 Dec 03

No my DVDs are fine....

But thanks anyway....

chrisinireland 18:11 31 Dec 03

np if u need n e help in n e other dvd departmant give me a buzz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…