dvd avi rips

dbmerlot 02:14 05 Nov 05

maybe someone an give me a hand with this, I have down loaded some large (over 700 mb )ripped dvd/avi dvix files I'm wanting to burn them onto cd so I an enjoy them later and free up space on my hard drive.the files play fine on my dvix player from the hard drive. the problem is the files are to large to put on cd (max space 700 mb) is there any way to split them in half so I an do this? I have avi/mpeg/asf/wmv splitter but it wont recognize the files. I'm a little out of date runinng windows me on toshiba laptop.

cortez© 02:29 05 Nov 05

you could try encoding them using dr divx to reduce theor overall size.

Sibbo 08:53 05 Nov 05

Just a word of warning mate, I don't think the moderators will allow this topic.

joseph K 12:43 05 Nov 05

So long as they were put there 'legally' I'm sure that the moderators won't mind. Even if you haven't I'm not sure they would object anyway, it's the problem that matters.
As for that I'm afraid my knowledge only extends as far as cortezes, you may well have to re-encode them. Though I can't really believe that their isn't any sofware available that will do this. Try Google, you may even find an Open source freebie without adware if you are lucky. I know there are a lot of these programs around. Seek and thee might find as they say.

PaulB2005 12:46 05 Nov 05

"So long as they were put there 'legally' I'm sure that the moderators won't mind. Even if you haven't I'm not sure they would object anyway, it's the problem that matters."

Someone didn't read the T&Cs before joining!

'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.

ACOLYTE 13:01 05 Nov 05

Well,i would copy to a dvd if you can,click here should be able to convert them from avi to dvd files so you can burn to dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…