DVD Auto Play

Camraom 2 14:04 04 Jan 05

Both my DVD Drive no longer run on auto play. I have check out previous threads concerning this problem and have tried them but still I cannot get the auto run on either drive to work. Any ideas?
Barry

Maverick81 14:16 04 Jan 05

Usually its down to cd/dvd writing software preventing the drive from autorunning, search microsofts knowledge base for autorun problems
there is a fix available (only for xp) that tries to restore autorun to its former glory.

Doesnt always work but its worth a go

Cheers, Mav

P.s if that doesnt work drop me a line I will send you the registry key to change to try and enable it again

Cesar 09:41 05 Jan 05

Put a shortcut to your DV Drive on your desktop and double click on it , I have found that this get's it up and running.

Maverick81 09:55 05 Jan 05

What software do you have installed on your pc ?

There must be something loading on startup that is stopping autorun....did you try the autorun fix tool from microsoft ?

I think we need a little more information

Cheers, Mav

Camraom 2 08:57 07 Jan 05

Problem solved thanks. A friend of mine found a fix on Microsoft's site and it worked first time on each drive. I have included the link in case anyone else needs to download it. Thanks for trying anyway.
click here
Barry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…