//some 3rd party need geo

DVD Authoring?

splatter 16:56 14 May 06

Hey guys, hows it going?

I am currently trying to burn a movie DVD containing some video clips that a friend has recorded for a website he is currently involved in. The DVD is so that it can be sold to anybody who wants to buy it.

The video clips are in .AVI format. Using Nero7 I go through the relevent DVD authoring screens of adding menu's, video previews etc but when it comes to burning in get to the VERY end then says "Burn process failed at 1x (1,385 KB/s)"
(I can post or email the entire log if needed)

The disc does actually have data burnt to it, this is verified by checking the under-side of the disc.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do, so as always, any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Jay

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:39 14 May 06

"Burn process failed at 1x (1,385 KB/s)"

This is a Nero error how far did it get before it failed 5%?

1. you cannot retry and burn to same disk

2. Try burning at a lower speed 4x

3. try using different disks some DVD players do not like ceratain disk makes

splatter 20:26 14 May 06

>>This is a Nero error how far did it get before it failed 5%?

It goes through the process of 'tanscoding' etc, and then fails.

I cannot try at a lower speed as 1x is the slowest AND the fastest, though I can burn normal Data DVD's at 8 speed.

With regards to the disks, I have tried 2 different disk manufaturers, and a new disk each time. The disks are good though, as I have just created a data DVD.

woodchip 20:31 14 May 06

If this is so it can be used on stand alone DVD players then it should be in something like Mpeg2 format, and not burned as data files

sikefula 21:26 14 May 06

if this is the case,then just try to burn a different file/format altogether using same disk types (don't use the failed disk 'coz its spoilt already). If this burns succesfully,then it's the file you are trying to burn which has got some errors/issues. That burning speed (1,135kbs) you mention seems way to slow for me-don't know what type of burner you have got though..

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:28 14 May 06

Which programme of Nero suite are you using.

splatter 12:23 15 May 06

Hi guys, I found a AVI-DVD guide (click here) so I'm going to work through all that once I'm feeling better. It does seems like an complex process to what I feel should be rather simple, but then I'm not thinking overly straight at the moment.

Thanks for all your advice.

Jay

P.S. sikefula "don't use the failed disk 'coz its spoilt already" - The disc's dont actually get written to strangly enough, I can still use them afterwards :)

pj123 13:47 15 May 06

It could also be Nero 7. I had lots of problems with Nero 7 and went back to Nero 6.6.1.4

Have had no problems since.

David4637 15:02 15 May 06

Try using a DVD RW disc until you sort the prob out. That way you won't be creating coasters. I always use this approach when creating a special DVD for the first time. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…