DVD for Australia.

Miros 20:02 16 Aug 07

My Wife's Cousin in 'OZZ' celebrates a 'big' birthday this year, and my wife would like to buy the series of BBC Coast DVD's as a present for her.

Having done a search of BBC sales and Amazon I know that we can get the DVD's but I don't think they will be playable in 'OZZ'! Can Anyone offer any help with this problem please.

Miros 21:04 16 Aug 07

Thanks you, I will secretly phone her husband to find out if they have a multi-region player,
otherwise it's back to the drawing board, as I suspect the DVD's in question are not multi region.

umbongo(uk) 21:39 16 Aug 07

buy a dvd player from tesco etc for about £6.49
then get a travel adapter
then the coast series
just use the dvd to watch it

tesco dvd
click here

slightly more expensive £12.00
click here

just an idea like cos when my sisters kids came over from nz they got loads of dvds etc so we just bought em a multi region dvd player n travel adapter so they could watch any region dvds when they got back home and the ones they got for xmas

C3 22:18 16 Aug 07

If you get the manufacturer and model number of their DVD player, once you've done a google search you may find instructions on how to Region-Free the DVD player.

Some players it is as simple as pressing a few buttons, but some it involves updating firmware or can't be done at all.

In Google do a search along the lines of

"[manufacturer] [model] RC1" or
"[manufacturer] [model] region free"

Just use different combinations of words.

Miros 22:18 16 Aug 07

Good idea but both out of stock :-(
I'll keep my eye on them thanks.

Then I have to ask the question would the Player be compatible with OZY TV systems, it could get more complicated, I would guess though and would hope NZ and OZZ systems would be much the same?

C3 22:20 16 Aug 07

(bumping as we posted at the same time and you may miss this)

Miros 22:21 16 Aug 07

If it was possible to do as you say would it still play a DVD from this region?

Miros 22:22 16 Aug 07

Again we bump :-)

eedcam 22:26 16 Aug 07

If push come to shove copy them then they will be region free. Would'nt look good as a prezzy though

€dstowe 22:29 16 Aug 07

Are you sure the disk is region coded?

I've just checked a couple of BBC DVDs and neither have region coding - it's isn't something that would really be in the BBC's interest to do as they are looking for world-wide sales of their products. Very different to the restrictive practices shown by the US film industry.

Miros 22:29 16 Aug 07

Haven't got them yet but some DVDs I'm not always able to copy in my experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac