DVD Audio

woodchip 19:23 05 Jul 06

Is it possible to make the above in NERO so I could play it on my DVD stand alone recorder. I can do it OK with a CD but it does not hold enough wave Sound files Or would the be better converted to mp3 then would they fit on a CD and burn as audio in NERO.

Just under 44mb as Wave at the moment but these may be compressed As I burned one file 15,782kb as a audio file in NERO and it nearly filled a CDRW disc but it did play

Mark5001 19:45 05 Jul 06

Not sure if you can do an Audio DVD but I don't quite understand what you mean about "filling the CD-RW". In Nero using a standard CD-R you could put any amount of music files on it and it would allow it as long as the TOTAL TIME of the tracks does not exceed the disk capacity IE: 74 or 80 Minutes. Just open Nero and choose "Audio CD" and then drag your music from the right hand side over to the left and watch the time bar at the bottom of the screen. I average 20 tracks to each CD-R when I make Audio CD's.

SG Atlantis® 19:45 05 Jul 06

I don't think you can make a data dvd full of mp3's and play it on a dvd player.

As for audio cds, it's not the size of the file that counts in converting to an audio cd but the length of the tracks, 80mins max length.

woodchip 19:55 05 Jul 06

These are not music but are sound files, in Wave format. As above I captured these on a small multi Camcorder, Camera, Sound recorder, and mp3 player. It does compress everything, Video is saved as MPEG4 or asf format. I have been googling and don't think it can be done,

so What converts Wave to mp3 so that I can burn as Audio in NERO

woodchip 20:00 05 Jul 06

As above 15,782kb Wave file created a just under 700mb CDRW Audio in NERO and it played. I did on CDRW so I would not just keep making Coasters, from the Above Camera Device. So I know I can make them ON CDR but it will take a lot of CD's unless I convert to MP3

SG Atlantis® 20:07 05 Jul 06

what length was the "15,782kb Wave file" ? I bet it was close to 80 mins.

woodchip 20:10 05 Jul 06

Over 1 houre

woodchip 20:10 05 Jul 06

You would be about right, I need to set My clock

SG Atlantis® 20:14 05 Jul 06

that's what has been said.

it has nothing to do with file size when making an audio cd but file LENGTH. You do not need to convert them from wav to mp3, it'll serve no purpose when making an audio cd.

You can record 74 to 80 minutes of audio on a music cd.

SG Atlantis® 20:20 05 Jul 06

dang, i just realised....

you mean make an mp3 cd. That is a data cd loaded with the mp3 files, this is where the megabytes count rather than minutes like with an audio disc.

If you have nero wave editor you can open waves in that and re save them to mp3.

woodchip 20:25 05 Jul 06

Right I will take a look at that. I only want them to play on my DVD player. It plays MP3. If I do them for the car I shall just have to record as Wave as the one fitted does not I think play MP3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now