DVD

keith-236134 21:02 20 Nov 05

Hi, trying to copy a film to dvd all i get is "DVD FILES COMPLIANCE TEST FAILED" what am i doing wrong ??????

User-312386 21:05 20 Nov 05

it means that the film is copyright protected and you can not copy it

User-312386 21:08 20 Nov 05

Nero can’t burn illegally ripped DVDs. Usually they lose compliance through ripping.

igr 22:58 20 Nov 05

I assume you wish to make a back up copy of a purchased DVD movie in case of damage, scratch, etc to the original.

Try the following free software:-

DVD Shrink - a program that does 2 things
1 Rips the basic protection inserted by the manufacturer
2 Compresses the files down to fit onto a 4.7G DVD disk

DVD DECRYPTER - Rips the DVD where the protection is a little more complicated. Then use DVD Shrink to complete the process.

Note: the DVD Shrink routine will kick in NERO for the burning if you have it loaded, otherwise use your existing burning software. DVD DECRYPTER has its own burner if you wish to use that and you have shrunk the file to within the 4.7g.....unless you have those fancy DL Disks. Dont use RW disks as not many DVD players can read these

Carbonara 23:13 20 Nov 05

I assume your instructions are directed at U.S members where such back-ups are legal.

igr 23:39 20 Nov 05

Absolutely

keith-236134 20:33 21 Nov 05

Thankx folks, that was a great help, and its only copying for my own back-ups.
Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…