//some 3rd party need geo

dvd

charlton200 13:12 20 Feb 04

hello,
i have had a new hard drive installed.
but i have lost my dvd software disc.
when i buy a new dvd software disc does it have to be compatible with my dvd-cd rom drive which is a samsung sd-612f.
i had this trouble once before with roxio and my cd/rw,so i would just like to make sure before laying out any money.
any help is appreciated.

stlucia 14:19 20 Feb 04

Your Roxio disc will come with drivers for all current drives and for all current versions of Windows, so I would suggest you'll have no problem.

You can usually get drivers for drives which have been released after your software by going to the Roxio web site.

The same probably applies for Nero, and the other major burning software.

charlton200 16:32 20 Feb 04

So if a bought a dvd software package out of the shops, as long it was for windows me, would it still be compatible with my samsung dvd-rom drive.

cheers

Stuartli 17:42 20 Feb 04

You don't need a special driver)s) for a CD/DVD-ROM drive or rewriter - the basic Windows driver is all that is required; you may be thinking of firmware.

Incidentally, BigPockets is selling an NEC 4x 1100ND DVD+R rewriter for £34.99 including VAT over the weekend.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…