DVD-107D Rite Problem

Audeal 14:25 20 Apr 04

I have recently purchased a Pioneer DVD-107D DVD-RW. This model can ( So I am told in the description of the drive) operate using both DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs.

My problem is that it will not right to the DVD-R discs and I get an error which says "Error. failed to perform power calibration. Please try again or reboot". Also another error that I sometimes get is "The destination device may have a problem.....".

I have been in touch with the suppliers and they are unable to tell me the cause and made a number of suggestions, which I carried out without any success, so they exchanged the device and I am having exactly the same errors as the first one, so I must assume that there is not fault with the drive.

Can anyone tell me why this should happen when the manufacturers state that it is duel mode and can use both types of discs.

I have no problems wrighting to the DVD+R/RW discs. My OS is XP pro. Any advice will be much appriciated.

Audeal.

Audeal 15:02 20 Apr 04

crx1600: Thanks for your response. SVP is where I purchased the drive from. I have never heard of the other shop in your link. That is now in my faverites and I will take a look at it later when I get more time. I will try the Sample Packs and see how it goes. I have tried a few different disks which I have be given to try out but they all seem to be DVD+R discs. I think the Minus type are a new thing out, but I don't know much about these things as I am new to this medea. But thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…