DVB-T has encountered a problem

Ray5776 23:15 22 May 06

I keep getting the message "DVB-T has encountered a problem and needs to close"
Re-boot seems to work sometimes as does Restore but neither is guaranteed. Seem to get it to work for a day or so then problem back again.
It will sometimes work OK, sometimes not work at all,
and even stranger sometimes when it is working it becomes impossible to shut down (keeps coming back a few secs after shutdown) even using Alt Tab Delete only solution is reboot.
I think it is conflicting with some other program running. Has anyone any ideas on this please.

Ray

woodchip 23:18 22 May 06

If it's a USB. Windows does not seem to like to let go of USB Programs running like TV

Ray5776 23:36 22 May 06

Yes it is a USB device, but I would still like it to work properly, can this be sorted.

Ray

Ray5776 23:54 22 May 06

My attmpts to view this site are now being constantly blocked by the DVB-T stick which seems to be forcing me view chanel 5, a programme about enhancing fannies.

Strange world, sensible suggestions wellcome.

Stuartli 00:00 23 May 06

I use both Showshifter and Twinhan's own software with my Twinhan DVB-ter D+A Freeview PCI card and regularly get this result after I have changed channels five or six times.

I also find the answer is to reboot..:-(

The problem seems to arise if you select a channel (mainly the basic ITV channels) that have low signal strength.

It's something to do with the type of signals transmitted and a possible explanation can be found at:

click here

See the section marked:

10. I can't pick up [channel x] on Freeview. Why?

Ray5776 15:47 23 May 06

Thanks Stuartli,
What you say sounds about right, it seems to start happening when I am flicking through channels. Have to live with it by the seem of things, I`ve tried different USB ports but no luck.

ray

woodchip 22:17 23 May 06

All you need to do is remove the USB from socket for about two minutes then plug it back in

Stuartli 22:46 23 May 06

That may well work with a USB card but, in the case of a PCI version, it more often freezes the system...:-)

Only a Ctrl+Alt+Del allows the software to be shut down. After that a reboot is needed to get it to work properly as it remains in the Not Responding mode.

woodchip 22:56 23 May 06

Yes I would agree. It the way that TV uses the graphics card, once it's running it does not like parting with it

Stuartli 23:01 23 May 06

Not necessarily. If you are watching channels such as Sky News, Sky News Sport and similar other strong signals channels, the problem doesn't arise.

ITV channels have been giving problems in many parts of the country for a while now, including with some of the newer set top boxes (not the older ON/ITVDigital models).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…