DV500 video editing download V4.5 problem

Trikie 20:29 27 Jun 03

My 18 month old PC was built primarily for video editing, with XP, Adobe Premiere 6 and Pinnacle DV500. No problem till I somehow removed DV500 when deleting 18 months of old TitleDeko titles.

Supplier said re-load with original disc which was V3.0 This upset XP and I had to delete it. Supplier then said they probably didn't use that when building but used their own, and pointed me to Pinnacles website to download V4.5 and its patch.

However, the download is in German. I phoned Pinnacle, they have no idea why, but are willing to send me the download on a DVD. Not ideal as I haven't got DVD.

Does anyone know of any other website that has this download? (or any other ideas that might help)

Baby language please - I'm only into basic video editing and word processing.

Despicable Desperado 01:44 28 Jun 03

Are you talking to Pinnacle on their help line. They are absolutey crap (sorry FE - work for a computer co and will sign an affidavit to this effect!!). You need to talk to Pinnacle UK direct. Can you supply me with your email address and will advise you of the person you can speak to.
Pinnacle software is really good but a pig if anything goes wrong. Uninstalling in most cases does not work as you also need to hack the registry.

Trikie 22:44 28 Jun 03

Thanks DD.

Thinking more about how I got here I can put it down to my supplier who used installed a version of DV500 that was compatible with XP but gave me the disc for an earlier non-compatible version.

Can I reasonably go back to them and ask them to put it right? Does it work this way in the computer world?

Trikie 21:01 03 Jul 03

Have been back to my supplier and after a lengthy phone call talking me through places I didn't know existed we (they) successfully re-installed Version 3.0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…