DV to DVD

fazza8 17:00 30 Oct 03

I have a Panasonic DV camcorder. What do I need to transfer it to my PC for editing on to DVD-Rs?
Thanks in advance

siouxah1 19:13 30 Oct 03

Hi there,

You will need a capture card. This can be analogue or firewire.

Analogue usually comes with editing software.

Firewire should work with most editing software.

A cable to connect analoge or firewire.

If your camera is DV in enabled you will be able to send the edited video back to the camera. An alternative is to encode to mpeg and write direct to CD or DVD.

Further information will be available from the more knowledgeable on the forum.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 19:16 30 Oct 03

Have a look here for some extra info

click here

james55 00:51 31 Oct 03

For a DV Camcorder Firewire is the answer and you can download it direct to Pinnacle Studio 8 and it will render to suit. I would recommend this Software for anyone new to making Video's. It might take some time to do this depending on your system, but once done can be repeated. Your Camcorder Manual should guide you on this.

james55 01:03 31 Oct 03

Sorry fazza8 I should have mentioned Pinnacle Studio 8 can be purchased with a Firewire Card or without. I fitted a Firewire card myself and bought Studio 8 on it's own.

fazza8 09:31 31 Oct 03

THanks for all your suggestions, guys. It's a brilliant forum!

keenan 10:04 31 Oct 03

go for 'firewire' and if you using XP use 'windows movie maker 2' for free click here

fazza8 10:31 31 Oct 03

I checked and I have 'windows movie maker 2' on my machine.When I clicked on "capture from a video device" it says I have "Medion (7134) WDM video capture" on available devices with Realtek AC97 Audio as audio device. There are 3 input sources TVTuner composite and Svideo. Is this any use or do I need to buy a Firewire card?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…