//some 3rd party need geo

DV capture and fragmentation

Tenacious Green 10:24 18 Oct 05

I have noticed that DV capture causes significant fragmentation of files on my C Drive and I find it necessary to defrag after each capture. Is this normal and why is there so much fragmentation from this process?

Tenacious Green 16:05 18 Oct 05

bump

splork 16:09 18 Oct 05

Fragmentation should only happen over time - how big are the files? It's usually recommended to have a seperate hd for capturing large amounts of data, is it on a par with CD quality audio, say 10mb per second?

Tenacious Green 21:51 18 Oct 05

Its AVI files initially. I am not sure what the capture rate is but it is via firewire so reasonable quick I should presume. I am doing a lot lately, trying to get all my home video onto DVD. I've done 13GB tonight for instance. I have 160GB HD so didn't think I needed another HD.

Tenacious Green 11:04 20 Oct 05

Done a little research and appears it is just a product of DV capture. The solution to limit the problem is as already mentioned, a seperate HD or partion for capture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…