DV Capture/ Firewire and MGI Videowave III

georgeyoung 18:57 14 Apr 03

When I plug in my Sony DCR PC9E via firewire into my PC a pop up window appears "Digital Video Device". This gives me some actions that the software reckons that I want to action. The problem is that it does not present me with an option to use teh MGI VideowaveIII software that I have installed on my PC.

Can anyone advise how to get the program onto the Digital Video Popup?

I have had the camera working with the software after a struggle but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the MGI software to recognise the hardware. Very frustrating.. Can anyone help please??

georgeyoung 08:34 15 Apr 03

answered it myself.
Some devices do not support the "start with" functions of XP.

The software needs to be configured in capture mode to get vid input from DV and audio from DV.

For some reason the firewire interface sometimes seems not to be recognised by the software.

That said, it is now and I can, albeit rather clumsily edit videos. Think I will be now looking for some better editing software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…