DV Cable

chaztait 19:40 19 Dec 04

Hi i have had my Digital Camcorder for about 7 months now and i have never been able to put it onto my computer apart from pictures. I have connected it to my PC with the USB but with Pinnacle Studios on the diagram it says DV on it with a port above it my camera hase one of those to byt i did not get a cable that fits it can anyone help?

bremner 19:43 19 Dec 04

Could be USB or Firewire what is the make and model number of the Camcorder

chaztait 19:45 19 Dec 04

JVC GR-D200

bremner 19:49 19 Dec 04

click here says IEEE1304 Ilink - that is firewire.

Be sure you get the right cable. There are 4 pin and six pin connections. The camera is likely to be 4 pin whilst your computer (if it has one) will probably be six pin - but check to be sure.

chaztait 19:51 19 Dec 04

em.. a dont think it has a firewire onyl USB what does a fire wire port look like?

bremner 19:57 19 Dec 04

Sort of oval about 1cm in length

Look at the pictures in the this click here

chaztait 22:34 19 Dec 04

A could not fine one on my desktop computer but i did fine one on my Laptop. So what will i have to do now? Will i have to buy a cable for it?

Rogerfredo 09:34 20 Dec 04

You can buy a firewire PCI card for about £10, and a cable for about £5. Try Ebuyer, Novatech etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…