Dust removal

Tazfan 13:31 22 Jan 03
  Tazfan 13:31 22 Jan 03

What is the best and safest way of getting rid of the fine layer of dust that builds up on the Mother Board and Graphic Cards etc? Ive got a bottle of air, but it does not blow the fine layers off. I am loath to use the Dyson on it.

obbit 13:33 22 Jan 03

Hi Tazfan

if you go to computer shop or dixons pcworld you can purchase a can of compressed air for the very purpose

best wishes

obbit

woodchip 13:42 22 Jan 03

use a very soft paint brush and the air you have, but you can buy a mini comp vac which is far better

Old PC man 13:43 22 Jan 03

You've obviously got a slightly oily atmosphere where you are. Do you have anyone that smokes near your computer? Try purchasing a large artists brush with sable hairs. Earth yourself with an anti-static strap and brush gently over the area to loosen the dust film. Then use your can of compressed air to blow it away.

Cheers

John. {:<0

Tazfan 14:11 22 Jan 03

Great suggestions, and obvious when you know.

Thank you very much indeed. I shall go buy an artists paint brush.

OLD PC man. I am the guilty party that smokes. My Tower is about 5 feet away from me and not facing me though. Would the smoke still affect it?

Many thanks all for your help. As always, it is appreciated.

T:-)

Old PC man 14:44 22 Jan 03

Only that it makes the dust sticky and ruins your health. >:0{

John.

woodchip 16:03 22 Jan 03

You can imagine what it does to you lungs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…