Dust galore!

goll_y 16:07 29 May 03

Just taken off my side of my tower and to my horror there is so much dust and cobwebs!! Would it be a good idea to give it a clean and what is the best way?

AndySD 16:09 29 May 03

Go down the local camera or PC shop and get a can of compressed Air and blow it out.

Rayuk 16:13 29 May 03

If it is as bad as you make it out I would hurry and take advantage of todays weather and do it outside.
That is if you are enjoying the same conditions as here in Manchester.

citadel 18:19 29 May 03

I keep my computer room well hoovered and dusted. The result is when I open up the computer it is dust free.

soy 18:28 29 May 03

When you get it cleaned out, think about where you place your tower. You should place it on your desk or some place high up to avoid dust. Having the tower close to the ground just draws in dust from the floor and carpet.

Sir Radfordin™ 18:50 29 May 03

Compressed air is the best thing...but don't buy the stuff from PC Wrodl (PC Line Air Duster) because its really really poor.

-pops- 18:56 29 May 03

A machine I was asked to look at once was totally disgusting inside. Everything was dripping with a black sticky goo and it smelled worse than it looked. The owner of the machine was a heavy smoker and he kept his ashtray immediately in front of the air intake grill at the front of the computer.

I put the side back on and told him there was nothing I could do.

Brian

powerless 19:57 29 May 03

Yes there was -pops-

Tell him: DO NOT SMOKE!

-pops- 21:42 29 May 03

<:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…